This class provides a method for standardizing the styles used when creating a window object.
template < DWORD t_dwStyle = 0, DWORD t_dwExStyle = 0 > class CWinTraits
- Default standard window styles.
- Default extended window styles.
This window traits class provides a simple method for standardizing the styles used for the creation of an ATL window object. Use a specialization of this class as a template parameter to CWindowImpl or another of ATL's window classes to specify the default standard and extended styles used for instances of that window class.
Use this template when you want to provide default window styles that will be used only when no other styles are specified in the call to CWindowImpl::Create.
ATL provides three predefined specializations of this template for commonly used combinations of window styles:
- Designed for a standard control window. The following standard styles are used: WS_CHILD, WS_VISIBLE, WS_CLIPCHILDREN, and WS_CLIPSIBLINGS. There are no extended styles.
- Designed for a standard frame window. The standard styles used include: WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, WS_CLIPCHILDREN, and WS_CLIPSIBLINGS. The extended styles used include: WS_EX_APPWINDOW and WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE.
- Designed for a standard MDI child window. The standard styles used include: WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, WS_CHILD, WS_VISIBLE, WS_CLIPCHILDREN, and WS_CLIPSIBLINGS. The extended styles used include: WS_EX_MDICHILD.
If you want to ensure that certain styles are set for all instances of the window class while permitting other styles to be set on a per-instance basis, use CWinTraitsOR instead.