XNA Game Studio Express
The application model provides functionality to accomplish common game development tasks.
In This Section
- Application Model Overview
- The XNA Framework Game class provides a framework for processing game simulation based on a fixed or variable time interval.
- How to: Allow the Player to Resize a Game Window
- Demonstrates how to let the player resize the game window.
- How to: Pause a Game
- Demonstrates how to add pause functionality to a game.
- How to: Exit a Game
- This example demonstrates how to exit a game without finishing the current update.
- How to: Display a Game in Full Screen Mode
- This example demonstrates how to start a game in full screen.
- How to: Restrict Graphics Devices to Widescreen Aspect Ratios in Full Screen
- Demonstrates how to create a custom GraphicsDeviceManager that only selects graphics devices with widescreen aspect ratios in full screen mode.
- How to: Make a Game Time Out
- Demonstrates how to make a game time out after a period of inactivity.
- How to: Make a Game Use a Variable Time Step
- Demonstrates how to make a game use a variable time step.