The Microsoft Extensible Markup Language (XML) version 3.1 (MSXML31) component is a core services component that contains functionality for working with XML documents. This component includes the following files and applications:
- The XML Document Object Model (DOM). This provides you with the ability to load and parse XML files, gather information about files, and navigate and manipulate files.
- EXtensible Stylesheet Language Transformation (XSLT). This is an XML-based language that enables you to transform one class of XML document to another, or dynamically transform an XML document so that it can be rendered on Internet-enabled devices, such as Handheld PCs or TV set-top boxes. You can use XSLT from the DOM.
- Simple application programming interface (API) for XML (SAX2). This is a publicly developed standard for event-based parsing of XML documents, while the simple API for XML (SAX) is an interface that allows you to write applications to read data in an XML document.
- ServerXMLHTTP/IServerXMLHTTPRequest. This enables you to use a Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) connection in server-to-server communication.
- XML path language (XPath). This can be used as a general-purpose query notation for addressing and filtering the elements and text in XML documents. XPath is supported in the Microsoft XML parser within eXtensible Style Language (XSL) transformations, and through the DOM methods selectNodes and selectSingleNode.
There are no services associated with this component.
No other components interact with this component.
There are no configurable settings for this component.
© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.