Managing Your POS Devices: Introduction
Windows Embedded for Point of Service (WEPOS) allows you to manage your POS devices in various ways, including:
- Adding and deleting POS devices from machines (non-Plug and Play devices only).
- Listing POS devices and/or service objects for particular machines.
- Configuring a WEPOS service object (SO) to run for a particular device port (non-Plug and Play devices only).
- Setting a default device for a POS device class.
- Preventing a service object from running for a device.
- Assigning a logical name by which a POS application can access the service object for a device.
POS devices are managed via a WMI provider installed on the POS device host as part of the WEPOS installation. Instructions in this Guide assume that you have already installed WEPOS.
You can access this WMI provider through the WMI API or by using the command-line tool included in WEPOS, POSDM.EXE.© 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.