Enabling SQL Debugging on SQL 2000 Desktop Engines
To enable debugging of stored procedures on the SQL 2000 Desktop Engine, you must perform the following steps on the machine where the SQL 2000 Desktop Engine is installed.
To enable debugging with the SQL 2000 Desktop Engine (on a machine with Visual Studio .NET installed)
- Copy the MSSDI98.DLL from the Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\sqlserver directory to the \binn directory.
To enable debugging with the SQL 2000 Desktop Engine (on a machine without Visual Studio .NET)
- Locate MSSDI98.DLL on the Visual Studio .NET CD or DVD and copy it to the \binn directory.
- Locate SQLDBG.DLL on the Visual Studio .NET CD or DVD and copy it to:
program files\common files\microsoft shared\sql debugging
- Reregister SQLDBG.DLL by entering the following command at the Command Prompt:
- Grant execute permission on the stored procedure sp_sdidebug to the debugger user:
GRANT EXECUTE ON sp_sdidebug TO myUserName