SharePoint on Windows Azure Infrastructure Services
Updated: May 22, 2013
You can deploy and run various configurations of SharePoint Server 2013 as Windows Azure Virtual Machines. For example, you can create virtual machines using the SharePoint 2013 Trial gallery image for a virtual machine that already has SharePoint Server 2013 installed. There are also gallery images for Microsoft SQL Server, so creating the basic infrastructure is quick and easy.
The following resources show you how to architect SharePoint Server 2013 solutions that are hosted in Windows Azure:
- Windows Azure Architectures for SharePoint 2013 See how to use Windows Azure infrastructure services to create SharePoint 2013 sites that can scale and take advantage of Windows Azure identity features.
- Internet Sites in Windows Azure using SharePoint Server 2013 Create SharePoint 2013 sites that can keep your costs low and scale as your needs dictate. You can also take advantage of Windows Azure Active Directory to track users
The following resources show you how to deploy SharePoint Server 2013 solutions that are hosted in Windows Azure:
- SharePoint 2013 on Windows Azure Infrastructure Learn how to use Windows Azure infrastructure services to host a high-availability deployment of a SharePoint 2013 farm with SQL Server AlwaysOn.
- SharePoint Disaster Recovery in Windows Azure Learn how to use Windows Azure infrastructure services as an inexpensive and flexible disaster recovery platform for your SharePoint 2013 deployment.
- Windows Azure Active Directory with SharePoint 2013 Take advantage of identity features provided by Windows Azure for your SharePoint Server 2013 with the Windows Azure Active Directory Access Control.
- Deploy Office 365 Directory Synchronization in Windows Azure Learn how to deploy the Directory Synchronization tool to a virtual machine in Windows Azure and synchronize your on-premises Active Directory users to Office 365.