Migrating Data-Centric Applications to Windows Azure
Updated: March 13, 2014
Migrating from on-premises to the cloud platform brings many challenges to surface. This section provides best practices and guidelines for those who want to migrate their on-premises applications and databases to Windows Azure.
In This Section
- Overview of the Migration Life Cycle in Windows Azure
- Provides step-by-step instructions for migrating your applications and data to Windows Azure.
- Planning a Migration to Windows Azure
- Provides a walk through on several concerns and steps you should consider as you plan a migration to Windows Azure.
- Implementing the Migration Plan for Windows Azure
- Provides guidance on the final steps of migration to Windows Azure.
- Migrating with Windows Azure Virtual Machines
- Provides an overview on the Windows Azure Virtual Machines (VM) and guidance on how you can migrate your existing SQL Server databases to Windows Azure using SQL Server in a Windows Azure Virtual Machine.
- Migrating with Windows Azure Cloud Services
- Provides an overview on the Windows Azure Cloud Services and guidance on how to migrate your existing applications and databases to Windows Azure using the functionalities provided by the Windows Azure Cloud Services platform.